Question:
I'm moving to Colorado for the summer. Where is the best place to live (cheaply) in the Denver/Boulder area?
2006-05-01 10:47:58 UTC
I'm moving to Colorado for the summer. Where is the best place to live (cheaply) in the Denver/Boulder area?
Eight answers:
jcs
2006-05-07 14:22:57 UTC
Totally disagree...there are places in Denver and close to the Boulder area that are relatively inexpensive you just need to know what to look for and what you plan on spending money wise. Make sure ahead of time you can get a short lease or rental place if you will only be here for the summer.

Are you looking to lease an appt..or rent a house? If renting is more what you had in mind, I would suggest renting a house around the Denver Univeristy Area (off of University Blvd). Considering there will be a lot of kids leaving with school ending, you can probably find a decent house for not a huge rent price. And right off University is not a bad area (with plenty of restaurants and supermarkets close by). IT is also relatievely easy to get to the Cherry Creek and Denver downtown areas from there.

For around Boulder, you might also be able to find a rental in Boulder, closer to University of Colorado. HOwever I would recommend either Thornton, Westminster or the Broomfield area. Depending on what you want to spend, you can find decent apartments in all of these cities. And DEFINTELY cheaper than Boulder.

Good luck.
H&H
2006-05-05 07:42:16 UTC
I would look at Longmont. It is not the nicest place, but an easy commute to either Denver OR Boulder. There are also a lot of other small towns coming up such as Frederick and Firestone.

Another idea: You might be able to find a sublet in either Denver or Boulder near one of the universities/colleges. A lot of times students sublet their places when they go home for the summer.

Good luck!
2006-05-01 10:57:59 UTC
Prepare yourself Colorado is expensive! I live 12 yrs in Northglenn (north of Denver and way east of Boulder) There are little towns in between. Your best bet is to find an apartment sublet from a college student
2016-05-20 04:41:03 UTC
Boulder is too expensive. Louisville is almost as expensive as Boulder. Broomfield is almost as expensive as Louisville. Lafayette is nice, so is the Longmont area (including Frederick, Firestone, etc). Everywhere is going to have nice scenery. The traffic here sucks no matter where you go. Its all safe. Good Luck.
scratchy_the_kat
2006-05-02 08:37:11 UTC
Move to Denver. There a plenty of cheap places around. Check the paper.
2006-05-04 07:05:10 UTC
you might want to check out the Golden area which has built up pretty quickly through out the years. i use to live in Boulder when i lived in Colorado, and loved it there aswell.
yuma
2006-05-01 21:15:06 UTC
wow. i agree with the first person as far as cost. you could go past boulder, see if there's a cottage rental or something, and i agree, roommates left by themselves for the summer are the best way to go if you don't mind noise. you could try a youth hostel or a hostel, some are nice.
2006-05-03 10:19:39 UTC
I found a house for 85,000 in Commerce city.